Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 13: Lordsburg-Demmy


Today was to be a fairly easy, uneventful ride. It was almost a flat, due east 62 mi ride, 48 mi of which was on I-10. Again the hazard of riding on the innerstate are flats and despite my rough beginning I am greatful that today was my fourth day in a row without a flat. Others were not so fortunate. A good tailwind developed and I was able to breeze into town by noon.
The more interesting story is that Beau, our injured rider, had a good night's sleep, her fever was gone and she felt invigorated this morning so decided to ride and she had a good ride. Having been in her circumstance I know that it takes awhile to regain confidence in a modified style of riding. Continue to pray for her health and recovery. Also for Larry who continues to persevere despite his Parkinson's. He continues with a real sense of humor and has become a good friend.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Beau seems to have gotten back in the saddle. By the way Dad, don't forget to take care of your back -- make sure you're doing standing extensions and press ups periodically to get your back out of the constantly flexed position and into extension. Sorry - it's hard for me not to do my job all the time. Keep plugging away -- we continue to watch your journey on the map.
    Here's your encouraging word for the day: "Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and affections." -- Psalm 26:2 NLT

    ReplyDelete