Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 37: Luverne-Abbeville 72 mi.

Though there were only 72 mi.of biking it would still be a challenging day. There were headwinds again, but today they asserted themselves sooner and more aggressively. The terrain was one of progressively bigger 'rollers' that seemed to have bigger climbs. Overall we ascended almost 3,000' for the day the 4th largest for the trip. I still managed to roll in by 12:30 pm.so had a leisurely afternoon. We are in a motel so had indoor showers and the other amenities that go with that. Only 4 more days of biking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad!! It was great talking to you Saturday. I was finally able to get on my bike both Saturday and Sunday as the weather this weekend was ideal!!! My rides pale in comparison to yours -- only about 16.5 miles both days doing a short loop around my house. I'm still working on the clips, and my ischial tubs and pubic bones are more sore than I remember them getting before. I talked with mom about taking me to Eddie's with you to get properly fit on my bike and to also get a new seat. I won't be able to ride much more than I have been if I don't get some of the pressure off! It was exhilarating, though, getting back on the saddle!!!

    Only one more state for you!! I got my donation into CVIM -- hopefully you've reached your goal. We love you and can't wait to see you!!!

    Here's your encouraging word:"For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight." -- Romans 2:13 NLT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette is really ready for you to be home! LW

    ReplyDelete