Monday, April 13, 2009

Day23-24: Albany- Breckeridge-Weatherford 74 mi

Day 23 was fairly relaxing. It had poured during the night for which all the locals were rejoicing. I biked the 24 mi to Breckenridge in the morning to join 1st Methodist Church in their Easter Sunday worship, standing out a bit in my riding outfit. It was an inspiring service. We stayed the afternoon in a motel in Breckenridge with nothing to do but relax. We had pizza brought in to 'celebrate having passed the halfway point' sometime yesterday.
Day 24 was highlighted by the appearance of green. The first half of our trip has been characterized by hues of brown and beige with an occasional green cactus. Though we had seen some greening mesquite the previous 2 days, today the grass was even green with an increasing abundance of more trees, even oaks and maples and a lot of junipers and there were swaths of bluebonnets along the roadside. It was overcast all morning with chilly temps hovering around 50F and there was a NNW breeze but at least no headwind and it was a satisfying ride as I arrived in Weatherford after 74 miles at 1:00 pm. I'm looking foreward to a visit this evening from my cousin Doreen and Uncle Rogers (yup, that's where I got my name) both of whom live in Fort Worth.

2 comments:

  1. I love bluebonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the call Monday night, Dad. You're encouraging word for the day is: "I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts." -- Isaiah 57:15 NLT We love you! <3 H, H, and P

    ReplyDelete